Saturday, July 6, 2013

Water Colors of San Francisco, Burlingame


Saturday, July 6th. Beautiful morning so I walked over to the Burlingame Train Station to do a quick painting in my sketchbook with watercolors.  I think its time to buy another sized brush, doing text on the sign and small details is almost impossible with my waterbrush. So fun though.



These two I did with King Chen in SF back a month ago or so. We got a diner breakfast in the teder-nob area and drove up to Inspiration point past Arguelo gate in the Presidio of SF. Plenty of tourists filtered in behind us from all over the world as the sun rose up over the city to our south East. I got it the top watercolor and did a pen sketch of the view to our right of Presidio Heights. We later drove to sea-cliff where I jotted down the water color on the bottom left.

Watercolor has become my favorite sketching medium because of its immediacy and ease of clean up and small amount of supplies to carry. Now I am just working on gaining more control of the medium as I go, one painting at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment